Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – 2018
The Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants awards annually a scholarship to encourage students to pursue graduate studies in the field of plant protection.
Students who meet the following eligibility requirements will be admitted to the 20xx competition :
- Hold, or expect to hold (at the date of announcement of the scholarhip), a degree in science or engineering from a recognized university;
- Be enrolled full-time in a graduate program (Masters or PhD) at a Quebec university or have the firm intention to be registered at the time of obtaining the award;
- Project studies and research must be directly associated with crop protection (plant pathology, nematology,entomology or weed science);
- Students with scholarships from organizations such as FQRNT or NSERC are eligible;
- Be a member of the QSPP at the time of nomination;
- Submit their proposal before jjjj 00, 20xx at noon at the QSPP’s Scholarship Committee.
The application must include:
- An updated resume (education, involvement in research and work experience, list of publications and communications, grants and awards);
- Proof of admission or enrollment in a graduate program majoring in crop protection (Masters or PhD) from a Quebec university;
- A university transcript (bachelor degree and completed graduate studies);
- A summary of the research project (maximum 350 words);
- Two letters of support (one from the supervisor);
- A letter of motivation from the candidate explaining his motivation to undertake and pursue his research project and to complete his graduate studies in plant protection (maximum 850 words).
The assessment takes into account:
- Academic record and research project evaluation (35%; 15% for the academic record and 20% for the research project);
- Curriculum vitae for the research potential and ability to lead the project to completion (35%);
- Letter of motivation (20%);
- Letters (2) of support (10%).
Each criterion must be above a 60% threshold for the application to pass.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER
A jury of experts in plant protection will evaluate candidates based on the criteria of academic excellence, RESEARCH potential and skills and letters of support. Members of the QSPP Scholarship committee will evaluate the motivation letters. The winner’s letter of motivation will be published in the Échos phytosanitaires. The award will be presented during the banquet of the QSPP annual conference to be held in Quebec (Delta Hotel) from June 17-20, 2018. The winner must be present and registered for the Congress of the QSPP.
Applications will be accepted until April 27, 2018 at the following address:
a/s Mamadou Fall
Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
430 boul. Gouin
Or by email :
For additional information, please contact :
Phone : (579) 224-3024
Fax : (579) 224-3199
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. : The masculine generic used in this document refers to both women and men
|2017||Sabrina Rondeau||Learning a master’s under the direction of Valérie Fournier and Pierre Giovenazzo (Laval University)|
|2016||Marianne Lamontagne-Drolet||Learning a master’s under the direction of Valérie Fournier and Pierre Giovenazzo (Laval University)|
|2015||Martha Nigg||Learning a doctorate under the direction of Louis Bernier and Christian Landry|
|2014||Erika Sayuri Naruzama||Learning a doctorate under the direction of Louis Bernier (Laval University) and Fabienne Malagnac (Paris 7 University)|
|2013||Mélanie Chapleau||Learning a master’s under the direction of Carole Beaulieu (Sherbrooke University)|
|2012||Marie-Ève Giroux||Learning a master’s under the direction of Anne Vanasse (Laval University)|
|2011||Nicolas Nadeau-Thibodeau||Learning a master’s under the direction of Louis Bernier (Laval University) and codirected by Danny Rioux (Canadian Forest Service)|
|2010||Hélène Munger||Learning a master’s under the direction of Anne Vanasse (Laval University)|
|2009||David Joly||Learning a doctorate under the direction of Richard Hamelin (Laval University)|
|2008||Caroline Grégoire||Learning a master’s under the direction of Richard Bélanger (Laval University)|